- This event has passed.
Teen Literary Magazine: By Teens, For Teens
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until May 15, 2023
The Teen Literary Magazine is back!
Presented by Montrose and Delta County Libraries, teens are invited to submit original poetry, fiction, personal essays, and comics for publication in the annual Teen Literary Magazine. Submissions are open to 6th through 12th graders and will be accepted through May 15, 2023. All submissions will be reviewed and edited for publication by an editing team comprised of Montrose and Delta County teens. Teen writers will be contacted by the editing team prior to publication. The Teen Literary Magazine will be distributed to area schools and libraries in the fall of 2023.
All submissions must follow the guidelines listed below:
- Submissions are open to grades 6-12
- Accepted from March 1-May 15, 2023
- Poetry, short stories, personal essays, novel excerpts, comics, and art are accepted
- Text submissions should be no more than approximately 3 single-spaced pages or 1500 words
- Text submissions should be in black, 12-pt, Times New Roman or Arial font
- Only one submission per person (note: a poetry submission may include up to three poems)
- No pdfs or handwritten copies of text submissions will be accepted
- Please proofread all submissions before sending
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text submissions should be sent as Word attachments or shared as a Google Doc with email@example.com
- Art submissions should be sent as .png or .jpg attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include in your submission an email address that you will check over the summer
Fore more information, or if you have questions, email email@example.com.