- This event has passed.
Call for Submissions for Harvest of Voices
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until August 31, 2021
Call for Submissions! Seeking original works of poetry, fiction, prose, and non-fiction for presentation at Harvest of Voices, the kickoff event of Mountain Harvest Festival.
Please submit your work to email@example.com by August 31, 2021. Submit as a PDF attached to an email. Work should be double-spaced (except for poetry). Please include your name and contact information. To qualify you must be able to read your selection the evening of September 23. The reading may be livestreamed and recorded. By submitting you are agreeing to be livestreamed and recorded.
What the committee is looking for:
The selection committee’s goal is to put together a well-rounded, entertaining and appropriate event for the public. In addition to the integrity of your writing, the committee will also consider:
- The length of your work:
- All prose pieces (fiction, non-fiction, essays, book excerpts, etc.) must be able to be read in 6 minutes or less.If the judges determine this is not possible from the length of your piece, it will be eliminated or we may ask you to cut it.
- All poems will be considered individually. If you submit multiple poems, not all of them may be chosen. Only the poems chosen by the judges, and no others, are to be read at the event.
- The subject content:
- Anything too graphic or profane may not be appropriate for young audience members.
- Context in the program:
- The committee will select works that represent a balance of poetry and prose, fiction and non-fiction, as well as a balance of subject matter (not have all the works talk about the death of pets, for example). The committee also looks for variation in the length of the pieces.
- Writers from the Western Slope only.
- The writer/reader must be able to perform the night of September 23 at and understand that the performance may be livestreamed or recorded. By submitting you are agreeing to be recorded and livestreamed.
- All current COVID guidelines will be adhered to the evening of the performance.
For more information contact the Blue Sage Center for the Arts at 527.7243 or visit www.bluesage.org.